Friday, April 27, 2018

Finally, a church with an Easter message on their sign!

WEEKLY CHURCH SIGN REVIEW: Bowmanville Seventh-Day Adventist Church

Bowmanville Seventh-Day Adventist Church sign

5_Star_Rating_System_3_stars_T

For some reason, it was surprisingly hard to find any churches with signs mentioning Easter this year. In fairness, I’ve mostly been taking pictures of church signs I see while walking my dog or sometimes while driving around the city. A friend snapped this pic from the Bowmanville Seventh-Day Adventist Church⸺that’s a little too far away for walking my dog!

Jesus loves the people driving by our churches and this sign communicates that truth in a relevant way given that this was so close to Easter Sunday. Not everyone would get the meaning of this sign, but I think many people know that Jesus died on the cross and would understand this message claiming Jesus did this out of love for us. I like it, but I have to apply my usual review standards. This sign is not the most welcoming and it does not give a specific invite. Since Bowmanville Seventh-Day Adventist Church holds their church service on Saturday at 11 or 11:30 am (not clear to me from the website), it’s important to have this on the sign if you’re wanting to invite people to come. So great job giving a relevant, positive Easter message, but, unfortunately, lacking in a couple other ways. 3 stars out of 5 gives this sign a passing grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails